Vores Welding Theft - 4/5/2013
On 04-05-2013at approx. 1408 hours a deputy responded to Vore's Welding and Steel, 3234 SR 49, Ft. Recovery in regards to a theft. Upon arrival the deputy was advised that someone had entered a tool trailer at that location and stole (1) DeWalt Cordless Impact Wrench and (2) DeWalt Cordless Drills. The deputy was advised that the incident occurred sometime between 1730 hours on 04-04-2013 and 0900 hours on 04-05-2013. Anyone with additional information or leads should contact Sgt. Jay Wehrkamp.
The Mercer County Sheriff’s Office is in charge of security at the Mercer County Courthouse. The Court Security Division ensures the safety and security of the court buildings and of the people who appear and work in them. Court security facilitates and maximizes the efficiency of all judicial and other courthouse functions.
The Court Security Division assists in delivery of in-custody defendants to and from the courthouse in a safe and secure manner. Deputies also provide general security for the courts.
· On 1/10/2016 a deputy took a report of multiple vehicles that were broken in to with items stolen in the Marion Township area. Some of the vehicles were unlocked and one was locked with the window busted out to gain entry. Cell phones, clothing items, knives, miscellaneous change along with a money bag containing approximately $500 cash and checks were the various items taken from inside the parked vehicles. This incident it believed to have taken place between the evening of 1/9/2016 and 12:30PM on 1/10/2016.
· On 1/24/16 a deputy was called to a residence on ST RTE 49 in Gibson Township for a report of a breaking and entering. There was forced entry in to the home and the following items were taken:
o (11) single pane windows
o (2) solid wood doors
o (2) sinks
o (60) animal foot traps
This incident is believed to have taken place during the daytime on Monday, January 18, 2016. A witness described possible suspect vehicles as being a black Chevrolet Avalanche and a white Ford truck with a dump bed trailer. They observed four or five males carrying out the above described items from the residence.
· On 1/29/2016 a deputy responded to a residence in Marion Township in regards to multiple unlocked vehicles and a building that were entered with items stolen. The items stolen range from various clothing items, miscellaneous amounts of change, knives, TomTom GPS, Armani watch, sunglasses, a 12” Dewalt compound miter saw and a Craftsman 300 piece tool set. This is believed to have occurred around 3:00AM on 1/29/2016 as the homeowner’s dog began barking around that time.
· On 2/3/16 a deputy was dispatched to the St Charles Seminary on US RTE 127 in regards to a theft from the chicken barn. Stolen was a GQF egg incubator machine and a GQF hatcher machine, both white in color. The recording device for the security camera system was also stolen. This incident is believed to have taken place sometime between the evening of 2/2/16 and 2/3/16.
· On 2/5/16 the Sheriff's Office received a call of a damaged mailbox at a residence in Center Township. The mailbox appeared to have been hit from a vehicle that traveled off the west side of the road heading south and had hit the mailbox leaving it laying south from its original location. The newspaper box had also been damaged and displaced in the same manner. The caller advised that sometime after it got dark on 2/4/2016 and before 10:00AM on 2/5/2016 is when the mailbox had been damaged.
If you have any information on these cases, you are asked to please contact the Detectives Division of the Mercer County Sheriff’s Office by calling the Tip Line at 567-890-8477. Or leave anonymous tip here.
The enforcement division includes investigative, traffic, motorcycle patrol, marine patrol, and community policing officers.