Vores Welding Theft - 4/5/2013
On 04-05-2013at approx. 1408 hours a deputy responded to Vore's Welding and Steel, 3234 SR 49, Ft. Recovery in regards to a theft. Upon arrival the deputy was advised that someone had entered a tool trailer at that location and stole (1) DeWalt Cordless Impact Wrench and (2) DeWalt Cordless Drills. The deputy was advised that the incident occurred sometime between 1730 hours on 04-04-2013 and 0900 hours on 04-05-2013. Anyone with additional information or leads should contact Sgt. Jay Wehrkamp.
The Mercer County Sheriff’s Office is in charge of security at the Mercer County Courthouse. The Court Security Division ensures the safety and security of the court buildings and of the people who appear and work in them. Court security facilitates and maximizes the efficiency of all judicial and other courthouse functions.
The Court Security Division assists in delivery of in-custody defendants to and from the courthouse in a safe and secure manner. Deputies also provide general security for the courts.
· On 9/18/14 Central Dispatch received a call from a residence on Washington Street in Burkettsville. The resident stated that he had a snowmobile, Honda generator, and tools stolen from his garage. The stolen snowmobile is a 2013 Ski-doo, yellow in color with the track missing. This incident occurred sometime between the hours of 8PM on September 17th and 6PM on September 18th.
· On 9/22/14 a deputy was dispatched to Kozy Kampground in Franklin Township regarding thefts from campers. The Kozy Kampground Office stated that they had power cords cut off of multiple campsites. It is believed this incident took place between September 21st around 8:15AM and September 22nd around 9:30AM. Following this initial report, it is believed that the unknown suspects are continuing to return back to Kozy Kampground on multiple occasions as power cords are continuing to be cut off and stolen as well as batteries are now being taken from golf carts.
· On 9/22/14 the Motor Inn Truck Stop had a theft at around 6PM. A large sum of money was taken from the employee office area. There were two males involved and possibly a female. The female had gotten out of a red SUV (possibly Ford Explorer) no plate available. (see photos below of males believed to be involved)
· On 9/24/2014 a Deputy was dispatched to a residence in Mendon for a burglary. The home owner advised she came home and found the back door open and items missing. Stolen was a Samsung 50” TV, an Xbox 360 slim with multiple games, movies, a jar of change and miscellaneous cash. This incident occurred sometime between 12PM and 8PM on September 24th.
· On 10/1/2014, the Mercer County Sheriff's Office received a call in regards to a vehicle that was stolen from Zuma Motor Sports LTD in Butler Township. The owner of the business advised that sometime between 5PM on September 30th and 12:25PM on October 1st an unknown person had taken an orange and black Oreion Motors Reeper 4X4 from the display area in front of the business. The body of the vehicle is orange and there is a black plastic cover over the rest of the vehicle. There is a winch on the front of the vehicle, which doesn't work.
· On 10/4/2014 a deputy was dispatched to a property in Montezuma in regards to a utility trailer that was stolen from the campsite. A black, 2010 Big Tex 12 ft trailer was stolen between September 21st around 12PM and September 28th around 8PM. The trailer floor was wood and the rear drop down gate was black and made of metal meshing. The license plate on the trailer was Ohio STK 2276.
· On 10/10/2014 Central Dispatch received calls of an active residential fire. The State Fire Marshal’s Office was called to investigate and arson was ruled as the cause of the fire at 7515 Burrville Road. The homeowner was not home at the time and no one was injured. Anyone with information is asked to contact the State Fire Marshal’s Office/Fire Marshal Sweet at (614) 752-8200.
If you have any information on these cases, you are asked to please contact the Detectives Division of the Mercer County Sheriff’s Office by calling the Tip Line at 567-890-8477. Or leave anonymous tip here.
The enforcement division includes investigative, traffic, motorcycle patrol, marine patrol, and community policing officers.