· On 6/27/14, the Mercer County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a parked vehicle at a Highland Park residence having been entered overnight and a firearm stolen from inside the vehicle. Taken was a Glock model 30 Subcompact 45 caliber pistol with a 10 round magazine. The pistol had a black finish, 3.77" barrel, and standard sights. This incident occurred sometime between the hours of 11:00 PM June 26th and 5:00 AM June 27th.
· On 7/12/14, the Mercer County Sheriff’ Office received a complaint that a Franklin Twp residence had been entered while the occupant was away. Taken from the home were a Sony Play Station 3 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab3 tablet, white in color. It is believed this incident took place between July 11th at 4:00 PM and 4:00 AM July 12th.
· On 07/28/14, the Mercer County Sheriff’s Office responded to the parking lot owned by Jefferson Township in the 4600 Block of Nicholson Dr., Celina, Ohio in regards to a theft offense. Upon arrival the deputy met with a male who indicated that he had been staying with his family at a nearby vacation rental. He reported that sometime between 9:30 PM on July 27th and 11:30 AM on July 28th someone entered his unlocked vehicle, a black 2006 Dodge Charger. Taken from inside the vehicle was a 9MM Ruger semi-automatic handgun, a loaded handgun magazine, a Kindle Fire HD tablet, a Garmin GPS and some loose change.
· On 7/31/14, a deputy from the Mercer County Sheriff’s Office responded to a residence in Jefferson Twp for a report that the home was entered and items stolen. The items that were missing were two Casio watches, a checkbook containing blank checks, 3 bottles of cologne, 2 pocket knives, a child’s piggy bank containing $18, $700 cash, a glass cup containing keys and change. Also missing from the roommates room was a black Apple iPod with a cracked screen, one wireless PS3 controller, multiple PS3 games and $155 cash.
· On 8/11/14 deputies responded to the area of State Route 219 and Windy Point Rd in reference to a theft of a trailer. The stolen trailer is a 2014 Sure-Trac with a tilt bed. It is 22 feet long, black in color and had white wheels. The trailer has Ohio license plates, TQE 3822. The trailer was last seen on August 1st at 8:30 PM and found missing on August 11th at 7:00 PM.
If you have any information on these cases, you are asked to please contact the Detectives Division of the Mercer County Sheriff’s Office by calling the Tip Line at 567-890-8477. Or leave anonymous tip here.